Dunkin' Donuts Brand
April 15, 2010
With 97% aided consumer awareness, Dunkin' Donuts is one of the world’s most recognized brands and is the world's leading baked goods and coffee chain, selling almost 2.5 million donuts a day and more than 1 billion cups of coffee a year. The original Dunkin’ Donuts experience was a single cup of coffee with a donut – today Dunkin’ Donuts offers a wide range of coffee, coffee-related beverages, baked goods, and an expanding all-day Oven-Toasted menu.
- Founded: In 1950 Bill Rosenberg opened the first Dunkin’ Donuts restaurant in Quincy, Mass., with the goal to "make and serve the freshest, most delicious coffee and donuts quickly and courteously in modern, well-merchandised stores.”
- Rosenberg licensed the first of many franchises in 1955.
- Dunkin’ Donuts is still using the original proprietary coffee blend recipe established by its founder.
- Industry Recognition:
- #1 in iced coffee*
- #1 in hot regular/decaf plus hot flavored coffee*
- #1 in donut category*
- #1 in bagel and muffin category*
- #2 in breakfast sandwiches*
- #2 in total coffee sales*
- #1 selling bagged coffee SKU (Original Blend ground, 12 oz) in the retail Gourmet Coffee category
- #4 selling brand for grocery packaged coffee
- #1 in customer loyalty in the coffee category since 2007, according to Brand Keys
- Named one of the “Top 10 Franchises for 2008” by Entrepreneur magazine
* CREST data year ending 12/09