April 15, 2010
Baskin-Robbins is the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops serving premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages to more than 300 million customers each year. In 2008, it became the first national ice cream chain to offer both hand scooped and Soft Serve ice cream.
- Founded: In 1945 in Glendale, Calif., by two ice cream enthusiasts -- Burton Baskin and Irvine Robbins -- whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,000 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats.
- Introduced its famed "31 Flavors" concept based on a different flavor for each day of the month in 1953.
- Industry Recognition:
- #1 in hard scooped ice cream*
- #1 ice cream franchise worldwide
- Named the top U.S. ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in 2008 by Entrepreneur magazine
- Winner of a Silver Addy for excellence in advertising