At Dunkin’ Brands, we don’t just serve our franchisees and customers of our brands. We support our communities with our commitment to service. With that mindset as our basis, we commit to giving back by providing all full-time employees with five hours of paid volunteer time each quarter to perform community service. Our commitment has resulted in our employees dedicating approximately 3,000 hours per year to support great causes, such as filling backpacks with nutritious food for children in need, sorting donations at food banks, preparing meals at local shelters, hosting blood drives, and cleaning up local parks.
Bringing joy to sick and hungry kids.
The Joy in Childhood Foundation provides the simple joys of childhood to sick and hungry kids. Since 2006, the Joy in Childhood Foundation (formerly The Dunkin’ Donuts & Baskin-Robbins Community Foundation) has been deeply embedded in communities across the country and has donated over $11 million to hundreds of national and local charities.
In 2016, the Foundation rebranded as the Joy in Childhood Foundation, a name that reflects our renewed focus on helping kids—particularly those facing hunger and sickness—find joy in their daily lives.
Through the generosity of our franchisees, employees, vendors and guests, the Joy in Childhood Foundation raises funds to support partnerships with children’s hospitals, food banks, and nonprofit organizations directly committed to serving sick and hungry kids.
Inspired by Diversity
At Dunkin’ Brands, we believe that a culture of diversity and inclusion where each person is valued and respected delivers better business results. Dunkin’ Brands is committed to fostering a workplace where diversity and inclusion thrive and where we reflect the wide range of customers we serve. Toward this end, these are just some of the initiatives we have in place.
- Diversity in our Business. We have formed a committee to look at all angles of our business in order to ensure that they reflect our commitment. This committee includes members from Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Marketing, Human Resources, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Franchising.
- Affiliations and Memberships. Dunkin’ Brands partners with many organizations in our communities, including:
- ALPFA - Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting. We have been involved with several Boston Chapter events, including the Student Symposium and the Coaching and Mentoring program.
- LATINA CIRCLE - Provides Latina professionals across industries with meaningful networking, mentoring and business partnering opportunities. We sponsor a quarterly Networking Breakfast called Cafecitos.
- MFHA - Multicultural Foodservice and Hospitality Alliance. The Alliance helps members effectively engage multicultural employees, customers and communities to grow their business. Dunkin’ Brands holds a seat on their board.
- 100,000 Jobs Mission. Dunkin’ Brands is one of 170 companies who have committed to hiring veterans through this national initiative to support our military. https://www.veteranjobsmission.com/.
- Year Up - A one-year, intensive training program that provides low-income young adults, ages 18-24, with a combination of hands-on skill development, college credits, corporate internships, and support.