Baskin-Robbins is the world’s largest chain of ice cream specialty shops serving premium ice cream, specialty frozen desserts and beverages to more than 300 million customers each year.
- Founded: In 1945 in Glendale, Calif., by two ice cream enthusiasts -- Burton Baskin and Irvine Robbins -- whose passion led to the creation of more than 1,300 ice cream flavors and a wide variety of delicious treats.
- Introduced its famed "31 Flavors" concept based on a different flavor for each day of the month in 1953.
- Industry Recognition:
- #1 ice cream franchise worldwide
- One of the leading chains in hard scooped ice cream*
- Named the top U.S. ice cream and frozen dessert franchise in 2014 by Entrepreneur magazine
- Winner of a Silver Addy for excellence in advertising